Years ago, there was an average cow pasture nestled in Cavendish, Prince Edward Island that is now the largest outdoor music festival in Atlantic Canada! Each summer, more than 70,000 people make the trip to Cavendish, PEI for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival to get a front row seat to some of the hottest names in country music.
This July 4 through July 6 marks what will be an unforgettable year at CBMF with major country stars taking the stage from Blake Shelton, Hunter Hayes, and a past crowd favorite, Lady Antebellum, and that’s just the beginning! Whether you’re a returning fan or heading to the festival for your very first time, you’re in for an unforgettable experience. We’ve talked with the organizers of the festival to get the inside scoop for making your time at Cavendish Beach Music Festival the best yet. Here are our Top Ten tips to get the most of your CBMF experience.
1. Register your tickets online. This year CBMF is giving away a brand new 2014 Chevrolet Cruze, Cabana upgrades and much more. All you have to do is register your ticket to enter. Click to Register
2. Meet your favourite performers. Many artists do public meet and greets during the festival in the merchandise tent. Depending on the performer these lines can be extremely long. If you really want to secure your spot head up to the merchandise tent before their set ends. You may miss seeing them perform the last song or two (you’ll still hear it!) but your chances of meeting them will be that much greater.
3. Go online to the Songza playlist. Not only has CBMF brought in the best country artists, but they’ve created also created a Songza playlist with all their music for you to enjoy. Catch up on all the latest songs from artists performing and you’ll find yourself singing till your heart’s content at the festival. Listen to the playlist
4. Download the festival app. The festival this year is more connected than ever with their brand new app. The app includes a schedule of performers for all three stages, a map of the grounds and much more. Download the app
5. Visit the ‘Kitchen’. Make sure you check out the performers playing in the ‘Kitchen’. There’s lots of local talent that could be on the big stage some day. View full lineup
6. Watch Facebook and Twitter throughout the festival. CBMF has been known to have some great contests throughout the weekend and you don’t want to miss out on these opportunities
7. Only take with you what you absolutely need. This will save you a lot of time going through security. Bags are subject to inspection… the smaller the bag the quicker this will be. Also be sure to familiarize yourself with what you are allowed to bring into the grounds. Here are a few must have items:
Water – On those hot Cavendish days you’re going to want to stay hydrated. You are allowed to bring in one sealed 1L bottle of water with you.
Sunscreen – Trust us, sunscreen at an outdoor concert is key.
Comfortable shoes – Standing all day in flip flops can make for very sore feet.
Sweater – Take a sweater to wrap around your waist for when the evening starts to cool off.
Rain poncho – Fingers crossed for sunny weather, but it has rained before, and ponchos may not always be available at the festival. Bring your own but hope that you won’t have to use it.
8. Bring change for the wagon ride. The wagon ride up to the festival gates is so worth the toonie.
9. Stop by the merchandise tent early. What better way to remember your awesome experience and your favorite artists than taking home some great CBMF merchandise. Get to the merchandise tent early as lines can get long and certain items have been known to sell out. (Tokens are not required to make purchases here)
10. Trade your cash for tokens as soon as you arrive. Tokens are needed to purchase from foord and drink vendors at the festival. It is recommended to exchange your cash for tokens as soon get to the festival grounds. Try to figure out roughly what you may spend on site and exchange enough to get you through the day. Saves you a lot of hassle later on.