Make way for the Island’s new culinary gem. While we would expect great things from a restaurant spearheaded by Islander/Celebrity Chef Michael Smith and his wife Chazz Smith, what they have created at the Inn at Bay Fortune is truly revolutionary. They’ve combined a dedication to farming, a respect for the mysterious and magical potential of cooking exclusively with fire (no dials, no switches, no power, just old-school fire cooking!) and a love of sharing the food experience amongst friends. Here are 10 reasons why you won’t want to miss PEI’s newest culinary masterpiece.
1. Begin by wandering around the grounds and try a sample from the Herb Garden grill station.
2. Embrace Oyster Hour! Dig into freshly shucked Colville Bay oysters from just around the bend (and don’t forget the Iced Bloody Mary or the Blueberry Vinegar topping!)
3. Food stations abound for sampling. Mouth watering salmon smoked in house is served on house made crackers with fresh herbs from the garden.
4. And dig into the Inn’s own farm raised pork. These aren’t just any pigs, these are happy pigs!
5. Pair it all with a Gin and Tonic made with pride by local distilleries.
6. Aptly named Fireworks, there is literally every form of live-fire cooking known to man: a smokehouse, open hearth, grill, rotisserie, plancha and wood oven.
7. Sit family style with new friends and old, all while digging into the feast of the day (like 65lbs of the freshest halibut on the planet!)
8. As heard from visitors’ coos, “It’s not too often a Celebrity Chef serves you your dinner!”
9. After the feast, get cozy in one of the Inn’s newly renovated 5-star rooms.