I often find myself driving along the highway on my way to work and although it is a road I’ve driven my whole life I still find myself inspired to pull over to soak in the view and take a photo of our lush green fields and blue blue waters. Our colourful and picturesque Island leaves me awestruck on countless occasions; it may be an adventure down a new dirt road to discover a beautiful sunset, stumbling upon a field of bright lupines or sunflowers, or my ultimate favourite – a bright red tilled farmers field against the backdrop of a clear blue sky. I’ve pulled together a list of my Top Ten favourite photos of Prince Edward Island and I hope they inspire you to come explore everything our beautiful Island has to offer.
1. Cavendish National Park is one of many inviting beaches on Prince Edward waiting for you. Grab a chair and a beach towel and feel the sand between your toes.(Photo by David Munroe)
2. Green grass, red dirt, blue sky… a beautiful and common scene on your travels throughout Prince Edward Island!(Photo by Keith Watson Photography)
3. Here on PEI, we offer more colors then just our red dirt, lush grass and blue skies. Being in the right place at the right time to experience the Northern Lights can leave you starstruck.(Photo by Neil Taylor Photography)
4. Life is all about perspective, PEI is beautiful from the ground up. Flying here can be half the fun.(Photo by Neil Taylor Photography)
5. PEI may only be a couple hours tip to tip, but it can take weeks to experience all we have to offer. This is North Cape Wind Farm on the farthest tip of Western PEI.(Photo by Racey Tay)
6. Our historical lighthouses, once played a key role in guiding ships through our busy Island waters. They are now a must see landmark on your vacation to PEI. This is Wood Island’s Lighthouse, one of many must see landmarks on your vacation to PEI.
(Photo by Close to Home Images)
7. Even the simplest scenes on Prince Edward Island can take your breath away.
(Photo by Saturism)
8. Serving up fresh PEI seafood while taking in a view like this, your vacation doesn’t get much better! This is the deck at Point Prim Chowder House in Point Prim, PEI.(Photo by Paul Lavender)
9. They say travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. If that’s the case, summer on Prince Edward Island feels like a million bucks!(Photo by Close to Home Images)
10. The Confederation Bridge is known as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century. Here’s a birds eye view.
(Photo by Neil Taylor Photography)
Did I miss one of your favourite photos or places? Share your Island photos with us on Facebook or Instagram.